Batawa Ski Hill
RecreationBanquet Hall Catering
Since 1959, Batawa Ski Hill has offered adventure and discovery all year long. There are 9 runs, including a terrain park, day and night during the winter and 25km of open trails during the summer.
In the winter of 1959, a volunteer group of ski enthusiasts from the nearby Bata Shoe Factory created the Batawa Ski Club. The objective of the club was to promote recreational skiing and friendship. The Club’s Nancy Greene and the North Star Alpine Ski Teams made a name for themselves by their excellent performance in ski competitions throughout Ontario. In February 1985, the Club was excited to have the Canadian Ski Patrol (Ontario Division) using their facilities. The annual Provincial First Aid Competition was held on the Batawa Ski Hill, with an Annual Awards Banquet held in the Chalet in the evening. When the Batawa Ski Club first began in 1959, it consisted of a truck-powered tow rope and a small donated tent for serving hot drinks. A two-storey Chalet was developed with the aid of a Wintario grant, private pledges and volunteer labour. It officially opened in 1979 and was named in honour of Sonja Bata. The Chalet housed a lounge, banquet hall, ski rental shop, canteen and ticket booth. Other early developments and improvements to the Ski Club included T-bar lifts, excellent lighting, a pro shop and a wide selection in downhill and cross country ski equipment rentals on a daily basis. The Club provides 17 miles of natural cross country ski trails. On December 23, 1988, Colleen DeBruyn, treasurer of the Batawa Ski Club, received a provincial grant to go towards the project